Covid-19 Changing Lives

How the Coronavirus has Affected Students

Isaiah Burns

Covid-19 Changing Lives

Isaiah Burns, Staff

The coronavirus has changed students lives in many was, by price gauging, slowed travel and stopped public gatherings. One way that lives have changed is requiring masks; mask wearing is mandatory today at Inola Public Schools. Many students are looking forward to not having to wear masks once the pandemic is over. Another way lives have changed is students doing all their work on chrome books. Doing work on Chrome Books has been a learning curve for teachers and students. Many teachers and students didn’t know how to use Google classroom. Events that students have looked forward to have been canceled changed or pushed back. One example includes the Fall Formal. The Fall Formal was put together after the spring 2020 prom was cancelled. Some changes that where made to the Fall Formal include pushing it back one week, wearing masks and moving every fifteen minutes. Many students were looking forward to the Clash of Classes, which is an event where grades 9-12 come together during the week of Homecoming and battle at games like tug-of-war. Another change is having to quarantine if you are exposed to someone with the virus. Many students have been quarantined and have been required to do their work virtually. While students have been quarantined the parking lot was bare, classrooms were not filled with as many students, and games were canceled while the teams were quarantined.