Choosing Kindness

Inola High School Putting An End To Bullying

Destiny Massey, Kaylee Burns, Kymisha Stiles, Audrey Danker, and Kaleb McGowan

Back to Article
Back to Article

Choosing Kindness

Bullying is the activity of repeated behavior intended to hurt another individual physically, mentally, or emotionally. It is often done to a weaker person for the reason of making the bully feel powerful. Instead of targeting other students, we should all come together to make our school a better place. When a student is being bullied it helps if people come together to discourage the act. If everyone makes it their goal to make a difference it will change lives. You never know how one small act of kindness  could change someone’s day. It is the little things in life that mean the most to people. If you or someone you know is being bullied do not hesitate to speak to your parents, teachers, or principals. Many people believe that if someone doesn’t like them they are being bullied. That is not necessarily the case, you should avoid surrounding yourself with those people. The people you are around are the most influential people in your life. You should surround yourself with people that bring positivity and light to your life. We should build others up rather than tear them down. Students have the greatest influence on ending bullying. Choosing kindness is the best way to spread positivity and end bullying one student at a time.