Longhorn Legacy

Will the Streak Continue?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Will the Streak Continue?

Dalton Norman and Kinley Harris

Kinley Harris, Staff

The Longhorn baseball team is off to a fantastic start. With a current record of 5-0, the boys’ spirits are high and things couldn’t be better. “The season is great so far,” says shortstop Devin Wiley. “We’re undefeated, and hopefully we can pull through and keep the streak going.” They’ve played a total of two home games and three away games. Their home opponents consist of Checotah and Chelsea, both of which were run ruled after the fifth inning. As for their away opponents, Checotah is also included as well as Fort Gibson and Chouteau. It seems like the players have taken the head coach change in stride and have opened up a new level of their game. Their respect for Coach Kerry Hallman is evident, and you can tell that their response to him is positive. Along with that change, this year’s seniors have truly stepped up as leaders. These players are as named: Landon and Logan Reed, Matthew Trolinger, Kyle Gerber, and Jordan Spurlock. They have brought energy to the team, giving the rest of the players the spark they need to play to the best of their abilities.

About the Contributors
Kinley Harris, Staff

DETERMINED.
Kinley Harris is a junior at Inola High School. She has lived in Inola since her sixth grade year. Kinley partakes in FCA, NHS, and varsity...

Dalton Norman, Staff

Ambitious. Standing at 6’1 165  Dalton Norman is a very unique man. He enjoys playing and watching football and basketball. He also has a liking of...