The Wizard of Oz

The next musical preformed by Inola High School

Kaylee Burns

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Wizard of Oz

Kaylee Burns

There are many reasons to get excited about this year’s musical The Wizard of Oz. It is just around the corner, and performances will be held on the first week of April. It takes hard work, determination and time to make it possible.
This is the most intricate musical Inola High School has ever put on. There will be special effects, pyrotechnics, and they are taking the sets to a new level. With this they have expanded the tech crew to make the new additions possible.
The Wizard of Oz cast is slightly smaller than last year. Unlike other performances, it includes four lead roles rather than the general two. The smaller cast gives others an opportunity to transform into several different characters/roles throughout the entirety of the musical.
The play takes many people for it to all come together. The directors include Ms. Tice, Mrs. Riedl, Ms. Robinson, and Mrs. Combs. Overall, it takes the students involvement and dedication. The students practice on Mondays around three hours, beginning after auditions in January. Shortly after, main cast members attend Saturday rehearsals for three hours.
The musical costs a few thousand dollars to put on. Along with the cost of props and costumes, it can easily cost between seven and eight thousand dollars. Their goals for this year is to not only make back the cost of the musical, but to make extra for the following years.
Our school is able to put on this performance with hard work and determination. With the musical around the corner, it is time to get ready for an awesome show.