Longhorn Legacy

Longhorns Off to an Exciting Start

Back to Article
Back to Article

Longhorns Off to an Exciting Start

Kaleb McGowan and Luke Gregoli

The Inola Lady Horns lost a heartbreaking thriller to start the season losing to the pre-season number one ranked Fort Gibson Tigers. It was a up and down game from the start to finish going back and forth all game until Fort Gibson hit the last second buzzer beater to seal Inola’s fate. Sophomore Kylee Day led all scorers with 13 points for the Lady Horns. One of the key factors in the Longhorns lose was that they had an 11 assist to 18 turnover ratio. You can’t turn the ball over that many times and expect to win. With Inola coming into this game being heavy under dogs, and nearly pulling off the upset shows that they are going to be a tough team to deal with!
The Longhorns won an exciting matchup against Fort Gibson to start the season 1-0. Senior point guard Jordan Spurlock led all scorers with 14 points on 5-14 shooting from the field. The Horns had trouble shooting the ball all game even senior sharpshooter Carson Thompson went 1-6 from three only scoring five points. The Longhorns got out rebounded all night. Even with all the issues and tough shooting night the Longhorns were still able to come out with their first win vs Fort Gibson since 2014. Winning 36-34 in another thriller.

About the Writer
Kaleb McGowan, Staff

Eccentric.
Standing tall at five foot nine Kaleb is a big name in the basketball world here at Inola. Not for his play on the court, but for his color...