Longhorn Legacy

Minutes with Miah

Cheer State

Jeremiah Womack

Back to Article
Back to Article

Minutes with Miah

Inola Cheers' months of work shows when they  perform for the crowd at State Competition and place in top five.

Inola Cheers' months of work shows when they perform for the crowd at State Competition and place in top five.

IHS News Staff

IHS News Staff

IHS News Staff

Jeremiah Womack, Staff

Inola Cheer definitely went above and beyond my expectations, and a lot of other people’s as well. When they got second at the regional competition, only losing to Stigler, I’m ashamed to say some people were surprised.
When they went to the state competition last weekend, they won the approval of so many people by placing fifth in the state. They lost some important seniors, who were replaced by some younger cheerleaders, and still managed to get the highest state record with Mrs. Sara Eagleton. Even though they held up the Longhorn flag upside down… (and if they wouldn’t have done that they might have placed the top three). When Mrs. Eagleton was asked if she thought they deserved to place higher, she said,  “I don’t think we necessarily should have placed higher.”
She said looking at the other teams’ score cards, the Inola cheer team was weaker in some places where the higher placing teams were strong. Even though they got fifth, she was still very happy and proud with how her girls did at the state competition. Her plans for next year are to work on the weaker areas more and hopefully they can place even higher next year.
Junior Liberty Hess had a slightly different opinion than Mrs. Eagleton. Liberty said she definitely thought they should have placed higher, and she was also very happy with how she and her teammates did against the rest of the state.
Both women interviewed were not surprised with their placing in state, because they worked very hard for it; if working that hard under the circumstances they were in doesn’t get them a placed high in state, then nothing will.

About the Contributor
Jeremiah Womack, Staff

Wild.
Jeremiah Womack is in eleventh grade at the great Inola High School. He plays multiple sports like football and wrestling. He earns average grades,...