Longhorn Legacy

School Shootings

Lance Jones

In+light+of+recent+violence+in+America%27s+schools%2C+there+is+much+debate+about+the+best+way+to+protect+students.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

School Shootings

In light of recent violence in America's schools, there is much debate about the best way to protect students.

Halley Gilmore

Fourteen: The number of school shootings that have occurred in the United States since the beginning of 2018.

This includes grades kindergarten through college universities. The fact that this many shootings have happened in such a short time has had many people questioning the rights of guns, and people who carry them.

Many people have debated whether guns should be allowed in school, either in the teacher’s hands or the principal, or if guns should be banned in general. Some argue it is not the gun that does the harm, but the person who pulls the trigger.

Other arguments include the second amendment to bear arms against taking guns away would possibly decrease gun deaths.

About the Contributors
Halley Gilmore, Staff

Halley Gilmore has gone to Inola her whole life and this is her last year to attend Inola High School. She is involved in many different activities including,...

Lance Jones, Staff

Lance Jones is a tremendous athlete; he is fun to watch. He participates in football, basketball and baseball. He enjoys hanging out with his friends and...